BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- The Indiana wrestling team ended their dual match season with an exclamation point as they took down Chattanooga 32-0 at Wilkinson Hall on Sunday.
• The Hoosiers finish the dual match slate 6-12 overall. Chattanooga finishes with a mark of 7-7.
• The shut out for the Hoosiers is their first since Dec. 13, 2015 when they beat Manchester, 56-0.
• Five of the Hoosiers six seniors wrestled in the dual as Elijah Oliver, Jake Danishek, Bryce Martin, Norman Conley and Fletcher Miller earned wins for Indiana. The Hoosiers honored those five and Cole Weaver after the match.
• Kyle Luigs came back from down 8-4 in the third period to win his match 12-8. Luigs had a four-point near fall with under a minute in the third period to secure the victory.
• Norman Conley and Bryce Martin earned bonus points for Indiana with major decisions.
• The Indiana seniors have combined for 89 wins this season and 332 for their careers.
Up next the Hoosiers travel Minneapolis, Minn., March 9-10 for the Big Ten Championships.
IU Head Coach Angel Escobedo
"What a great way for our seniors to go out, with the shut out. Chattanooga is a tough team. They shared for a conference title. We didn't take them lightly. I'm glad the way our seniors competed and everyone else. It is a brotherhood, like I told them before they went out there. I said let's leave the seniors on a good note and that is what they did today."
125: Elijah Oliver (IU) dec. Alonzo Allen (UTC) 8-5 (IU 3, UTC 0)
133: Paul Konrath (IU) dec. Jake Huffine (UTC) 3-2 (IU 6, UTC 0)
141: Kyle Luigs (IU) dec. Chris Debien (UTC) 12-8 (IU 9, UTC 0)
149: Fernie Silva (IU) dec. Mason Wallace (UTC) (IU 12, UTC 0)
157: Jake Danishek (IU) dec. Ryan Resnick (UTC) 6-0 (IU 15, UTC 0)
165: Bryce Martin (IU) maj. dec. Drew Nicholson (UTC) 16-6 (IU 19, UTC 0)
174: Jake Covaciu (IU) dec. Hunter Fortner (UTC) 8-3 (IU 22, UTC 0)
184: Norman Conley (IU) maj. dec. Ben Stacey (UTC) 13-5 (IU 26, UTC 0)
197: Jake Kleimola (IU) dec. Rod Jones (UTC) 4-0 (IU 29, UTC 0)
285: Fletcher Miller (IU) dec. Connor Tolley (UTC) 6-3 (IU 32, UTC 0)