NORFOLK, Va. -- The Navy wrestling team (6-2, 3-1 EIWA) opened a busy week of action Monday evening with a convincing 24-10 victory over host Old Dominion (8-6, 5-2 MAC) at the Ted Constant Center in Norfolk, Va. The Mids won seven of the 10 matches, including the first three of the evening to lead from start to finish.
• The Midshipmen improved to 6-2 in dual competition, including a 3-0 mark on the road (31-6 at Maryland, 26-9 at Bucknell, 24-10 at Old Dominion)
• Tonight's match marked the 11th meeting between the two programs in a series that dates back to 1966.
• Navy now leads the series, 8-3, including a 3-0 mark in matches wrestled in Norfolk.
• The Midshipmen have now won two in a row against the Monarchs after posting a 26-8 win in last year's dual.
• Navy never trailed in the match and led by as much as 15 (21-6 after Jared Prince's win).
• Junior Jared Prince 7-4 win over Kevin Budock at 149 pounds clinched the team victory for the Mids (led 21-6 with 2 matches remaining).
• Juniors Spencer Carey (174) and Joshua Roetman (197) both earned their 20th victory of the season.
• Carey outscored Luke Drugac 3-1 in the third period to post a 5-2 record and give the Mids a 3-0 lead to open the evening.
• Carey now stands 20-11 on the year, reaching the 20-win milestone for the first time in his career.
• Roetman trailed ODU's Tim Young for most of the opening period before turning him and posting the pin at 2:47. It was his 10th career win by fall and his fifth this season.
• Roetman owns a 20-7 record this season, reaching the 20-win milestone for the first time in his career.
• Roetman is the ONLY Navy starter who is undefeated in dual action this season, as he is 7-0 on the year.
• Anthony Cable (197) earned his third overtime victory of the year, including his second consecutive dual victory in extra minutes. Cable recorded a 4-2 win over Dean Drugac with a takedown in the second sudden victory period.
• Cable is currently riding a five-match winning streak dating back to the All-Academy Championship.
• Following a 4-0 win over Trevon Majette, sophomore Casey Cobb (133) improved to 22-7 on the year, including 6-2 in dual action. His 22 wins are the second most on the team.
• Cobb has won six consecutive matches dating back to the Duke dual.
• 17th-ranked Nicholas Gil (141) earned his second victory over 12th-ranked Sa'Darien Perry this season. Gil battled his way free for an escape deep into the third period for the go-ahead point in a 3-2 victory this evening. He also defeated Perry, 7-6, in the championship match of the Navy Classic in mid-November.
• Gil leads the team with a 23-5 record this season. Meanwhile, he moved into a tie for 14th on the Mids' all-time wins list alongside Aaron Kalil (2009-12) with 101. Next on the list is 13th-place Luke Rebertus who amassed 102 wins from 2009-12.
• Jared Prince (149) has now won seven straight matches dating back to the Southern Scuffle after posting a 7-4 win over Kevin Budock.
• First-year starter Tanner Skidgel (165) earned a 2-0 victory over Shane Jones. After a scoreless opening period, Skidgel rode out the entire second period before earning a point for an escape to open the final stanza.
• Navy has scored at least 20 points in all six of its dual victories this season.
• The Midshipmen return to action on Thursday evening when they play host to conference foe American in their final home dual of the season.
• Action is set to begin at 7:30 pm at Alumni Hall. A free live video stream will be available on NavySports.com(.)
• Navy's 6 senior wrestlers and support member will be honored prior to the start of the match.
174 | Spencer Carey (NAVY) dec over Luke Drugac, 5-2 (Navy 3, Old Dominion 0)
184 | Anthony Cable (NAVY) dec over Dean Drugac, 4-2 SV2 (Navy 6, Old Dominion 0)
197 | Joshua Roetman (NAVY) fall over Tim Young, 2:47 (Navy 12, Old Dominion 0)
285 | Ali Wahab dec over Thomas Ott (NAVY), 3-1 SV (Navy 12, Old Dominion 3)
125 | #17 Michael McGee dec over Jacob Allen (NAVY), 10-3 (Navy 12, Old Dominion 6)
133 | Casey Cobb (NAVY) dec over Trevon Majette, 4-0 (Navy 15, Old Dominion 6)
141 | #17 Nicholas Gil (NAVY) dec over #12 Sa'Derian Perry, 3-2 (Navy 18, Old Dominion 6)
149 | Jared Prince (NAVY) dec over Kevin Budock, 7-4 (Navy 21, Old Dominion 6)
157 | #6 Larry Early major dec over Quentin Hovis (NAVY), 12-3 (Navy 21, Old Dominion 10)
165 | Tanner Skidgel (NAVY) dec over Shane Jones, 2-0 (Navy 24, Old Dominion 10)