- Iowa State defeats Central Michigan in weekend opener
- Rider edges Wisconsin on criteria
- Herbert elected to Northwestern Athletics Hall of Fame
- Oklahoma State wins two in Miami
- More nationally ranked seniors commit
- Lehigh deals Pitt first loss of season
- Brian Smith earns 200th win, Missouri wins two duals
- Ohio State picks up victories over Army, ASU
- Stanford edges North Carolina in outdoor dual
- Minnesota handles Wyoming to finish 2-0 on Saturday
While the college wrestling world speculates endlessly when NCAA champions are missing in action -- or why a coach who launched an up-and-coming program was fired -- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's refusal to renew the contract of head coach Tim Fader this summer barely made a ripple, despite taking his Warhawks to second place at the 2014 NCAA Division III Wrestling Championships, and being named Coach of the Year by at least one website. Coach Fader shares his story with InterMat senior writer Mark Palmer.
More Seniors Commit
Junior National double All-American Tate Orndorff (University, Wash.) signed his NLI with Oregon State, and is one of a handful of nationally ranked recruits to recently sign or verbally commit.